Location: 18 Stanwood Court, Medford, New Jersey 08055-9373 (7 yrs)
Age: Born July 1954
Website Portfolio: http://www.ScottTeetersArt.com
Recent work History:
I had a 14-year relationship with Tyco Toys and Mattel Mt. Laurel in Mt. Laurel, New Jersey. In 1987 I started creating technical illustrations and graphics for toy products and soon moved into the Tyco Boys Toys R&D Design Group.
While there I worked on new toy designs for radio controlled cars, H/O electric racing sets, Matchbox cars and play sets. As a Senior Designer in the Preliminary Concepts and Design Group I sketched and rendered new toy concepts. I was also a Senior Designer/Product Manager for the Matchbox Collectibles Design Group where I designed 1:43rd scale collectible series of cars and trucks with brand licensing and managed each project through to available product.
Summary of Qualifications:
* I have the unique ability to create new product ideas, render them for visual presentation, and work with manufacturers, packaging, and marketing to bring new products to the marketplace.
* With over 15 years in the toy business I have had the opportunity to work at every step of the product life cycle. I have worked with designers, engineers, outside vendors, freelance artists and designers, sculptors, service vendors, marketing people, sales people, and upper management.
Skills and Accomplishments:
* I am well versed in computer graphics, including: Illustrator, Photoshop., Adobe GoLive (for website construction), Acrobat, using both Mac and Windows operating systems for word processing, spreadsheets, and data bases.
* Contributing artist and writer since 1976 for “Vette Magazine,” a Corvette specialty publication. Since 1997 I have been a monthly columnist for “Vette Magazine” with over 115 installments of “The Illustrated Corvette Series” that includes illustrations and story copy covering the history of the Corvette.
* Since 1987 I have written and illustrated 7 other “series” for automotive publications including: “Vette Magazine,” “VW & Porsche,” “Super Stock & Drag Illustrated,” “Guide To Muscle Cars,” “Fabulous Mustangs & Exotic Fords,” “Muscle Car Classics,” “IHRA Drag Review,” “Kit Car Magazine,” and “The Farm Journal.”
* I have created 14 websites for various personal enterprises from selling reproductions of my automotive art, to supporting sites for books I have written, a local holistic health organization, and this portfolio site.
* I have authored 2 books: “It’s Time To Wake Up: Reiki & Other Essential Tools For Spiritual Awakening” and “Design The Life You Love & Have Fun Doing It.”
* In 2003 I produced and recorded an audio reading of James Allen’s classic inspirational book, “As A Man Thinketh.”
* I have written over 25 articles on personal growth and development.
* I am a Personal Life Coach and have graduated from Coach University in 2005.
* 2001 to Present -
Freelance commercial art and design, columnist for “Vette Magazine” and “Kit Car Magazine,” private commissions, digital home portraits, Personal Life Coaching, online businesses for my automotive art prints, and an antiques business.
* 1997 to 2001 - Mattel Mt. Laurel, Mt. Laurel, New Jersey
Sr. Product Manager and Sr. Designer in the Matchbox Direct Collectibles product line. Working with new tooling and existing tooling items, I created themed product lines using brand licenses and managed those lines through to product completion. Licensed brands included Coca-Cola, Budweiser, Texaco, McDonalds, Harley Davidson, Jack Daniel's, The NBA, and others.
1987 to 1997 - Tyco Toys, Mt. Laurel, New Jersey
Worked in the Packaging Department creating technical illustrations for product instruction sheets from ‘87 to ‘91. Worked in the Boys Toys R&D Design Group from ‘91 to ‘94 and worked on graphics for radio controlled cars and trucks, H/O electric racing products, and Matchbox core-line products. Designed and developed push-around playsets for the Matchbox line. From ‘94 to ‘97 I was a Sr. Designer in the Preliminary Concepts & Design Group where I sketched and created color presentation renderings for possible Matchbox, Tyco H/O Electric Racing, and Tyco R/C (Tyco Radio Controlled) products.
1982 to 1987 - Freelance Commercial Artist
Commercial art and graphic design for Philadelphia area advertising agencies and design studios. Writer and artist for various automotive magazines including “Road & Track,” “Car & Driver,” “Super Stock,” “Vette Magazine,” “VW & Porsche,” “The Farm Journal,” and “Organic Gardening.”
1982 - RCA Astro, Heightstown, New Jersey -
Technical Illustrator for RCA communication satellites projects.
1981 - Blue Chip Graphics, Moorestown, New Jersey -
Presentation graphics, reports and brochures for RCA Astro and Atlantic City Tourism Bureau.
1980 - Boeing Vertol, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -
Technical illustrations for the Budd Light Railcar trains.
1979 - Bowen McLaughlin-York, York, Pennsylvania -
Technical illustrations for aluminum hull light weight howitzer tanks.
1975 to 1978 - Triad Engineering, Cherry Hill, New Jersey -Technical illustrations for U.S. Navy boiler maintenance and operation manuals.
1974 - WilMar Construction, Oaklyn, New Jersey -
Home construction and concrete work.
1972 to 1973 - J.J. Henry Company, Mt. Laurel, New Jersey -
Drafting trainee for a naval architecture firm.
Collingswood High School, Class of 1972 - Specialized in mechanical drawing, drafting, and industrial arts.
Philadelphia College of Art - 1979 to 1982 - Specialized in Illustration with intention of developing an illustration-based portfolio to become a freelance commercial artist.
Coach University - 2005 - Completed the Core Essentials Program to become a Personal Life Coach.
* Personal computers and computer graphics
* Nonfiction writing - I have published 2 books and over 25 articles
* Holistic Health & healing modalities
* Usui Reiki Master in 1996 - Reiki is a healing and stress management modality.
* Astro Physics
* Quantum Physics
* Antiques and collectibles
* Science and medicine